- Tenants are responsible for insuring their own personal property and should consider a renter’s insurance policy. Consult an insurance agent on different coverage available. Additional Agreements and Covenants which are considered to be part of the lease between the below signed tenants and Laing Management dated _____________________.
- If rent is paid after 5 days from due date a late payment charge of 10% of the monthly rent will be charged. If any portion of the rent is late or unpaid, the whole month will be counted late until the full amount is paid for that month. Water/sewer payments are due on the 15th of each month to Laing Management. A ten percent (10%) late fee must be paid with all payments received after five (5) days from the due date. Tampering with the water meter will result in a one hundred dollar ($100.00) fine per occurrence.
- Should any check be returned by the bank, for any reason, tenant will pay a FORTY DOLLAR ($40.00) SERVICE CHARGE to Lessor. A bounced check will, in addition to the $40.00 service charge, be susceptible to late payment charges and counted as if never paid until a replacement is made for rent payment that clears the bank.
- Each check or money order should have the building and apartment identified on it.
- This apartment is exclusively for a mature, professional atmosphere. Loud or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Offensive or loud music will not be tolerated. If after the first service to cure, an additional complaint is filed by Landlord during the remainder of the lease term, tenant agrees to immediately deliver up possession without any further notice.
- NO ANIMALS ARE ALLOWED IN THE APARTMENT OR BUILDING FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER! THIS IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. Should any TENANT violate this covenant, the animal must be removed upon discovery, TENANT will pay a $150.00 violation fee per day, due within five (5) days of written or verbal notice, and an automatic steam cleaning charge will be assessed when TENANT vacates. Discovery of an animal is grounds for immediate eviction!!
- Cars that are left in the same parking space for 7 days without moving, with flat tires, broken windows or any indication that the car is not being used WILL BE TOWED AT OWNER’S EXPENSE. Car repair is not permitted on the premises.
- Any tenant who wishes to break their lease before the end of the lease term will forfeit their entire security deposit and be responsible for all rent payments through the end of the lease term. The tenant will also be responsible for all charges incurred to bring the apartment to the original condition at the beginning of the lease term.
- It is the tenant’s responsibility to return the apartment at the end of the lease term to the same condition that it was given at the beginning of lease term. Walls should be washed. They are not automatically painted every year. Bathroom and kitchen appliances are to be sparkling clean. Any furniture or waterbed indentations left in carpet will automatically require steam cleaning of that room to return the carpet nap in the “normal” condition.
- TENANT pays an immediate twenty-five dollar ($25.00) charge if LESSOR or Agent is called to the apartment to unlock the apartment door for TENANT.
- TENANT pays a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) charge for abandoned garbage on the premises (in hallway, by front or back door, blowing around parking lot).
- Paragraph #11 shall be modified by deleting the last two sentences thereof, and by adding the following: “The Lessor or his agent may enter the apartment for any reason during the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. providing the Lessor or his agent knocks loudly, then opens the door and yells Laing Management.”
- TENANT pays a twenty-five dollar ($25.00) minimum charge for maintenance not normally LESSOR’s responsibility (Example: Plunging a clogged toilet, objects down garbage disposal, clean up behind Christmas tree in common area, etc).
- If Tenant defaults in the performance of any lease obligation, Lessor may, at its option, terminate this Lease or terminate Lessor’s right to possession of the Premises. If Lessor opts to terminate Tenant’s right to possession without terminating the Lease, Tenant shall remain liable for all Rent that accrues until the end of the lease term or until Lessor relets the Premises, whichever comes first.
THIS IS A LEGAL AND BINDING CONTRACT.
Tenant _________________________________ AGENT/LESSOR